Monday, March 7, 2011

Dinner Party Baking

This weekend, I had to break out the desserts for the first time since Christmas. I was attending a pot luck dinner party Saturday night and since my friends are all amazing cooks, I had to step up my game.

Luckily, Jenna at EatLiveRun came to my rescue with her stockpile of amazingly delicious recipes. I made both her Strawberry Pop Tart Scones and her Salted Fudge Brownies. The brownies didn't last long enough for photos but I managed a camera phone shot of a scone, which looks mighty pretty, if I may say so myself!





Overall, I must say that the desserts were a big hit and stood up solidly against the chili, stuffed jalapeno peppers and vegetarian lasagna that comprised the rest of the menu. I might add that the brownies stuck to the tin foil so much that I think we all got an added dose of aluminum in our diets - even with spray - so I will be much more diligent about PAMing it up next time. Maybe use the special baking one?

I didn't manage any other cooking this weekend but did make it out to way too many places for food and drink consumption. Yey for tasty food!

No comments:

Post a Comment